Online Training Unlocked
Does the idea of a “Crescent Online Class” have you feeling a bit discouraged because it’s something new and not sure how to make it work? No worries, we’re here to help keep it simple- keep your immunity up, and keep you courage even higher during this time! I get it. We aren’t all technology geniuses. The good news? You don’t have to be a tech stud to join our virtual classes and keep fit.
This article will tell you EXACTLY what to do.
Connecting to our virtual classes is actually super easy.
- Setup a workout space in your house. We recommend approximately 3m x 2m with some overhead clearance.
- Grab a phone, tablet, or computer with internet connection and click the Zoom link to your specific class with your membership. Or enter our Crescent Members Facebook Group– and about 5 minutes before the class time you will see one of the coaches going live. You’ll just click play. This can be done from a browser app like Safari but its best if from the Facebook App itself.
- The first time you join the Zoom Class, you’ll have to download an app – but when you click the link the software fairies will do it automatically! If you don’t have the Facebook app on your phone- just download it from the App Store or Google Play store. Its time to join the 21st Century!
- Once it downloads, you are in! Just point the device towards you so it can see you and you can see it.
- If you want sweet tunes we suggest you use some wireless ear buds.
SO WHAT’S THE BEST DEVICE SETUP?
I’ll answer your question with another question, “How techy are you my friend?”
We will use the video conference technology, Zoom, to host our classes over the next couple of weeks. All you need to know is that it will let our coaches see (and correct) you and let you see us (and your teammates). So the obvious question…how do you connect?
OPTION 1 (GOOD) – THE EASIEST (YOUR SMARTPHONE)
The absolute easiest thing you can do is to use your phone and simply click on the link or join the FB Live feed from our Crescent Members Only Group. Zoom will have you download an app quick, but then you just set up your phone so it can see you and you can see it and you are done! You can just use the Facebook App on your phone.
PROS: Super easy setup. Less than 30 seconds.
CONS: Super small screen. We can see you fine on Zoom…it’ll be tough to fully see us.
OPTION 2 (BETTER) – QUALITY MEETS CONVENIENCE
If you have a laptop or tablet with video capability, use it! That screen will be WAY bigger than your phone.
You’ll likely want to look at us and see the movements be demoed whether on Facebook or Zoom. Not because we are pretty but because we will demo and coach some things for you. Just click the link.
PROS: Much larger screen than your phone.
CONS: A little bulkier than a phone.
OPTION 3 (BEST) – BEST QUALITY
If you want to be a virtual class boss, then connect your computer to a big TV or computer screen. Obviously that’ll require a space where you can fit one, but man it’ll be awesome.
Click the link or join the FB Live Feed and watch the big screen come alive! Plus when you finish you can finish watching the latest Crossfit documentary on Netflix! There’s some awesome ones! They will help you stay motivated!
PROS: Super easy to see our demos and your friends/classmates.
CONS: Requires space and access to a larger screen…and some knowledge of how to connect a computer to a screen with an HDMI cable.
If after this article, you have no idea what to do, then just shoot us an email or hit us up on What’s app.. A technology issue is not an acceptable reason to not join us!
The First Step for Others
At Crescent, we know everyone faces stress and a fast paced life that drains our energy. Our coaches guide you through efficient workouts & simple nutrition to build new habits to achieve the body, energy, and lifestyle to live with courage in today’s world. Step one is call us at 079 722 8865 to schedule your consultation. Or you can sign up for the time that fits your schedule. We will sit with you to hear your goals, your fitness history, and help you know the right next step! We do these consults both online or in person!
The Crescent Team-
Thanks to our friends at Crossfit SCICOH for the outline of this!