We know many of you travel for work- below you will find two lists for you. The first list is for workouts you can do inside a hotel gym (thanks to Jason Khalipa of Norcal Crossfit). The second list is what you can do inside your hotel room (thanks to Steele Creek CrossFit). Post your scores and workout to our CFC Member’s Facebook Group.
HOTEL GYM WODS
· See if you can play music off your iPhone. No ear plugs they just get in the way.
· If you use a timer on your phone switch the auto lock off.
· Scale accordingly (should be challenging but doable with good technique)
· Hit it hard and always complete full range of motion
· Immediately get on the treadmill or bike when you walk in the door. Start walking or jogging then decide your workout…..don’t sit there and think about it, get your body moving ASAP! You should have a decent sweat before you start, get the floor a bit wet, a gym needs a little sweat on the floor sometimes.This workouts aren’t design to crush people, just great for a workout on the road….something that makes you feel good when you leave your hotel room ready for the day!Great Warm Up: Set a clock, perform 5 burpees every 30 seconds for 5 minutes. If this is easy, go 6, then 7.08″ Games Special:
Thruster w/45# dumbbells
BurpeeImmediately after: Sprint at the highest incline and the fastest speed you can handle for 2 minutes. Increase the speed as you go, by 1:40 you should feel purely smoked in your legs…..then push through it!Note: Little tribute to the 2008 Games. This one had to be short and dirty. A little blend of Fran, Squat Clean (thruster) and the Burpee DL workout….can’t forget the run though.The Ava Special:
Run 400 meter’s
21 Ground to Overhead @ 97#’sRest 2 minutes and 53 seconds (if you hit this soon, go for four rounds….let me know how it is.)*Posted 4/21/12* On Ava’s Birthday
“This will be completed for one round since Ava is turning one tomorrow. Next year it will be two rounds, then three……….Damn it will be rough when she turns 10 haha.”The Ashley Special:
100 db push press @ 45# dumbbells
At the start of every minute perform 3 burpees until you finish
Note: A little tribute to my wife, she likes this one in the garage or on the road. Hit this hard, don’t just go through the motions. Presses get dirty, get them done quick! Quicker the better…..less burpees.
Jason Khalipa Special:
30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Treadmill to highest incline, speed starts at a jog for a while then at moderate for 3 minutes, more challenging for 3 minutes, very challenging for 3 minutes. Hard as hell for 7 minutes. 15% incline and level 8.5mph is pretty legit. Total WORK time is 10 minutes.
Notes: Your probably wondering…..how the hell is a run special to Jason. This shit hurts like not much else you can do in the hotel gym, try it and let me know. You know you are at the right speed for your final sets when you literally fall off the treadmill at second 29-30. You should gradually feel yourself going towards the end of the treadmill. You should genuinely be nervous that you will fall off the treadmill. (you are going too fast if you fall off….don’t do that)
Matt Chan Special:
Every minute on the minute:
10 thrusters @ 40# db’s
20 double unders
Run 400 meters
20 Hang Squat Cleans @ 35# dumbbells
Chris Spealler Special:
100 hang squat clean thrusters w/ 35# dumbbells
At the start of every minute perform 5 burpees
AMRAP 5 minutes:
7 lat pull down (heavy)
10 push ups
AMRAP 5 minutes:
DB Snatch right arm/left arm (5 each)
10 sit ups
AMRAP 2 minutes:
Jumping Air Squats
Tabata (push up, pull right arm to chest w/dumbbell, push up, pull left arm to chest w/dumbbell) with 45# dumbbells.
Tabata Hollow Rock
Every 30 seconds: Perform: 6 burpees for 10 minutes. Immediately after, run a mile for time on the treadmill.
Turn on a song:
Do abs non stop until its over.Start a clock:
Run for 5 minutes at a moderate pace on the treadmill.
At minute 6 perform max snatches in 2 minutes alternating arms with the dumbbell.
At minute 9 perform max KB swings w/dumbbell in 1 minute
At minute 11 perform max front squats holding the same dumbbell for 2 minutes
At minute 14 perform max burpees for 1 minute
Run 5 flights of stairs, perform 30 air squats, repeat for 20 minutes.
7 Dips (take two chairs if necessary)
10 jumping alternating lunges
5 Rounds for time:
3 Wall Climbs (walk your feet up a wall while facing the wall, walk back down…may want to do it outside)
7 squat cleans w/45# dumbbells
10 Push Press w/35# dumbbells
Notes: Hit this hard, don’t just go through the motions. Try and take a minimum of 2 breathes in between sets. Work the full range of motion. Don’t short your movement since your by yourself. Full squat, finish fully locked out overhead.
Often we have CrossFit Members that travel. It’s important for everyone that travels to have quick workouts to go to with minimal equipment to ensure you will actually get to work out while out of town. Below is a wide variety of workouts…so now there is no excuse why you can’t work out! Remember the easiest piece of equipment you can travel with is a jump rope!
Warmup 2 min Jump Rope or Jog
15-second Samson Stretch
15-second Waiter’s Bow
10 Arm Circles Forward & Backward
10 Leg Swings Each Leg Then 3 Rounds:
- Sprint 100 metersRest 1 minuteRepeat 10 times
- 100 Single Unders (Jump Rope)50 Squats5 rounds for time
- AMRAP in 20 minutes:-10 Burpees-15 Squats-20 Knees-to-chin (laying down)
- 10 Rounds of:-10 Broad Jump Burpees-10 Jumping Lunges
- 10 rounds of- 10 burpees- 10 situps
- 5 Rounds-15m Bear Crawl-20 Push-ups-15m Crab Walk-20 Jump Squats-15m Broad Jump Burpees-20 Mountain Climbers
- 3 rounds for time-Run 1/2 mile-50 squats
- 10 Rounds for time-10 push-ups-10 sit ups-10 squats
- 200 squats for time
- “Susan”5 rounds for time- Run 200m- 10 squats- 10 push-ups
- 3 rounds for time- Sprint 200m- 25-push ups
- Tabata Squats and Push-ups:20 seconds on 10 seconds rest, 8 rounds each.Count your lowest score.
- 20 rounds for time- 5 push-ups- 5 squats- 5 sit ups
- Invisible Fran:21-15-9 for time-Squats-Push-ups
- 6 rounds for time- 10 push-ups- 10 squats- 10 sit ups
- 5 rounds for time- 100 Single unders Jump Rope- 50 Squats
- “Annie”Double-Unders (Jump Rope)Sit-ups50-40-30-20-10 Rep Rounds for Time
- 5 Rounds for Time- 3 vertical jumps- 3 squats- 3 long jumps
- 100 Squats for Time
- 10 Rounds for Time- 10 Push-ups- 10 Squats- 10 Situps
- 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1- Burpees- Sit ups.
- 5 Rounds for Time- Run 400 meters (1:30-2:30 mins)- 30 Squats
- 250 jumping jacks For Time
- 5 Rounds – Count Squats- Run 1 minute- Squat for 1 minute
- Run 1 mile and do 10 push-ups every 1 minute.
- Handstand practice, 25 tries at free handstands, then a 1 mile run
- 10 Rounds for Time- 10 push-ups- 10 squats
- For Time- 100 jumping jacks- 75 squats- 50 push ups- 25 burpees
- 100 Push-ups for Time
- 5 Rounds for Time- 10 vertical jumps- run 400m