CrossFit Crescent Gym Rules
Part of starting at a new gym is understand the new gym rules. At your old gym, you could only use the cardio equipment for 30 minutes at a time. And you had to have a mirror always within eye sight to see your progress unfold right in front of you! At CrossFit Crescent we want to help each of you understand what guides our tribe both inside and outside of the gym.
– CrossFit is community driven. When it rains, we all get wet. We may train as an individual, but we workout as a community. If you finish first, you should be the first one cheering everybody else on.
– Be on time, please. It is respectful to the coaches and to the other members if you arrive on time and check in early. You can also use this time to practice technique and learn new skills!
If you don’t know….ask
– Our coaches are all professional and here to help you. Ask questions and you will get answers.
– Here at CrossFit Crescent we have experienced coaches who know what they are talking about and it ́s their job to inform, instruct and correct technique. While support is great, leave the technical advice to the coaches.
– Don’t do stupid things; eliminate the unnecessary by listening to coaches and always follow TECHNIQUE – CONSISTENCY – INTENSITY. Do plenty of mobility and let a coach know immediately if something doesn’t feel right.
Leave your ego at the door
– CrossFit is humbling to everyone. Aim for progression and not perfection. Trying to be perfect and better than everyone will leave everybody frustrated. Intensity with Humility is our motto.
Be honest with your effort and results
– it is hard to count repetitions and rounds when you are tired, and it is ok if you lose count or forget. But knowingly “shaving” repetitions will not get you to where you want to be, and believe us, people notice.
– we can coach you all we want inside the gym, but what happens outside is up to you. If you come to 5 classes per week, and eat donuts everyday, please do not complain when you don’t get the results that you are after.
– While we do take our training seriously, we want everyone to have some fun in the process. We enjoy a laugh as much as you do at the gym. Just follow the rules!
We are excited to have so many of you with us in our tribe! We know many of you are searching for the right place to start or re start your fitness journey. We would love to meet you and help you understand and take those next steps with confidence. Check our our programs and give us a call at 079 722 8865 for more information.